Have you ever had the eerie inspirational feeling of being a bad-ass network security professional who knows all the nook and cranny of switches, firewalls and routers? Well, you are not alone, and we are here to help you get started with the right news and resources. Please stay tuned.
When it comes to providing quality products and services in terms of cutting edge technological solutions for enterprises all over the globe, the first name to think about is CISCO because it glues together the largest percentage of networks in the entire world. With a CCNA Security certification, a network professional demonstrates the skills required to develop a security infrastructure, recognize threats and vulnerabilities to networks, and mitigate security threats. I can only imagine how cool you can be possessing such skills. This article plunges into the sea of resources by recommending the best CCNA Security Study Books. So let us begin.
1. CCNA Security 210-260 Certification Guide
Authored by Glen D. Singh, Michael Vinod, and Vijay Anandh, the book begins by letting you get a grip on the fundamentals of network security and exploring the different tools available. Then, you’ll see how to securely manage your network devices by implementing the AAA framework and configuring different management plane protocols. With an array of various tool kits, you’ll learn about security on the data link layer by implementing the various security tools available.. You’ll be introduced to various firewall technologies and will understand how to configure a zone-based firewall on a Cisco IOS device. You’ll configure a site-to-site VPN on a Cisco device and get familiar with different types of VPNs and configurations. Finally, you’ll delve into the concepts of IPS and endpoint security to secure your organization’s network infrastructure. These are some of the concepts that you will learn when you go through the book exhaustively:
- Grasp the fundamentals of network security
- Configure routing protocols to secure network devices
- Mitigate different styles of security attacks using Cisco devices
- Explore the different types of firewall technologies
- Discover the Cisco ASA functionality and gain insights into some advanced ASA configurations
- Implement IPS on a Cisco device and understand the concept of endpoint security
At $39.29, feel compelled and challenged to check it out on Amazon: It is just a click away below.
2. CCNA Security 210-260 Official Cert Guide.
Comprehensively authored by Omar Santos andJohn Stuppi, CCNA Security 210-260 Official Cert Guide is a best-of-breed Cisco exam study guide that focuses specifically on the objectives for the CCNA Security Implementing Cisco Network Security (IINS) 210-260 exam. The authors who are Cisco Security experts share preparation hints and test-taking tips, helping you identify areas of weakness and improve both your conceptual knowledge and hands-on skills.
Material is presented in a concise manner, focusing on increasing your understanding and retention of exam topics. Well regarded for its level of detail, assessment features, and challenging review questions and exercises, this official study guide helps you master the concepts and techniques that will enable you to succeed on the exam the first time.
CCNA Security 210-260 Official Cert Guide is part of a recommended learning path from Cisco that includes simulation and hands-on training from authorized Cisco Learning Partners and self-study products from Cisco Press. With the book together with its CD ROM (contains two free, complete practice exams and 90 minutes of video training) companion, you are going to master the following topics:
- Security concepts and threats
- Implementing AAA using IOS and ISE
- Bring Your Own Device (BYOD)
- VPN technology and cryptography
- IP security
- Implementing IPsec site-to-site VPNs
- Implementing SSL remote-access VPNs using Cisco ASA
- Securing Layer 2 technologies
- Network Foundation Protection (NFP)
- Securing the management, data, and control planes
- Understand, implement, and configure Cisco firewall technologies
- Cisco IPS fundamentals
- Mitigation technologies for e-mail, web-based, and endpoint threats
At $30.49, you can have a look at it in Amazon and maybe have your copy delivered. Just click on the link below and get started on your career.
3. CCNA Security Study Guide: Exam 210-260 2nd Edition
Put together by one Troy McMillan, the book is packed with concise explanations of core security concepts. Expert instruction guides you through critical concepts relating to secure network infrastructure, access management, VPN encryption, Firewalls, intrusion prevention and more, with complete coverage of the CCNA exam objectives.
It does not end like that but adds practical examples that allow you to apply your skills in real-world scenarios, helping you transition effectively from “learning” to “doing”. Moreover, the author gives you the advantage of complete coverage, real-world application, and extensive learning aids to help you pass with confidence.
What more you will learn:
- Master Cisco security essentials, standards, and core technologies
- Work through practical examples drawn from real-world examples
- Track your progress with online study aids and self-tests
- Develop critical competencies in maintaining data integrity, confidentiality, and availability
At $37.75, there is a link below that will gladly route you to check it out on Amazon:
4. CCNA Security (210-260) Portable Command Guide, Second Edition
Compiled by Bob Vachon, this is more of a command reference than a comprehensive syllabus. It is way useful if you would wish
Completely updated to reflect the new CCNA Security 210-260 exam, this quick reference summarizes relevant Cisco IOS® Software commands, keywords, command arguments, and associated prompts, and offers tips and examples for applying these commands to real-world security challenges. Configuration examples, throughout, provide an even deeper understanding of how to use IOS to protect networks.
Topics covered include
- Networking security fundamentals: concepts, policies, strategy
- Protecting network infrastructure: network foundations, security management planes/access; data planes (Catalyst switches and IPv6)
- Threat control/containment: protecting endpoints and content; configuring ACLs, zone-based firewalls, and Cisco IOS IPS
- Secure connectivity: VPNs, cryptology, asymmetric encryption, PKI, IPsec VPNs, and site-to-site VPN configuration
- ASA network security: ASA/ASDM concepts; configuring ASA basic settings, advanced settings, and VPNs
- Access all CCNA Security commands: use as a quick, offline resource for research and solutions
- Logical how-to topic groupings provide one-stop research
- Great for review before CCNA Security certification exams
- Compact size makes it easy to carry with you, wherever you go
- “Create Your Own Journal” section with blank, lined pages allows you to personalize the book for your needs
- “What Do You Want to Do?” chart inside the front cover helps you to quickly reference specific tasks
If you are impressed, click the link below to head over to Amazon and take it quick at only $28.35:
Finding the courage and the zeal to be the best in Network Security can be one of the best aspirations you can have. With the few books listed above, we hope you will find the right information to kick start your security rendezvous which will be imbued with enough fun.